Senior Session Tips
- Remember that Alaskan summers are short, fall comes early to mountain locations and snow isn’t always a guarantee in early winter. If you want your portraits to reflect a certain season you may want to book before you begin your senior year.
- Find out when you need to submit your Senior portrait for the yearbook and book well in advance to allow time for editing, narrowing down which image you want to use and getting it turned in. If needed, I can email a hi-res digital image directly to your school free of charge.
- Think about where you’d like to have your photos taken. Do you prefer a rural scenic setting or does a modern urban setting fit you better? If you have a specific sentimental location in mind, let me know so I can check it out beforehand and be ready to make the most of it. And if you don’t have a specific place in mind, I can suggest plenty of locations based on what’s convenient for you and provides the backgrounds you prefer.
- Feel free to bring personal items we can incorporate into your images to highlight your interests and hobbies.
- Consider including family, pets or friends in a few shots. These are important parts of your life and including them in your senior photos is a great way to document that.
- Blemishes? Don’t fret. You can do your best to conceal them, but don’t sweat it…I can remove them while editing.
- Pick out what you’ll wear and try everything on ahead of time. I recommend wearing something comfortable that you feel good in. Avoid large patterns like florals and stripes as well as trendy clothes (trust me; you’ll appreciate that choice years from now). Limit bold colors as they can be distracting and draw attention away from you. And remember, your socks may be visible during some of the photographs, so skip those crazy ones the day of your session – unless they really showcase your personality and you want to show them off! If you plan to change outfits during your shoot, let me know beforehand so we can choose a location to accommodate that.
- LADIES: If you plan to have areas waxed, make sure your appointment is at least two days prior to your session. You’d be amazed at what the camera sees!
- GUYS: Don’t forget to shave the morning of your session – unless you want that hair!